rss feedResize Text

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Woot! Completed WIP

Published by Erica at 3:55 PM

Finally! At last! I have finished a pillow that I started A YEAR AGO. Pillows are pretty easy, you know? I started it and got about halfway done, then got sidetracked, and then sidetracked some more, and then blown way off-course... and before I knew it, a year had gone by.

Finally, I was looking over my Ravelry projects page, and I realized I was quite tired of looking at the same old projects, all in various stages of "progress." I was ruthlessly honest with myself, deleting / frogging projects I just know I'm never going to finish, or in which I have lost interest.

However, I resolved to FINISH one of them, dammit.

So I selected this pillow. And yes, I finished it over the weekend.

It all began with this box full of lovely, soft, shiny Naturally Caron Country yarn, a blend of acrylic and merino wool.

As usual with my projects, I was just playing around with color, and making Attic 24's little garden grannies, and decided to make a pillow for myself.


Things were going pretty well, until I ran out of the ivory color. That alone sidetracked me for a week or so, even though you can easily get this yarn at the big box stores!


And then school started, and Christmas appeared suddenly and any number of other excuses not to finish it... but this weekend, I persevered. The pillow has a split personality - cool sea colors on one side...


Colorful florals on the other!


I think I prefer the floral side, but I'm sure my husband likes the other side. So we both win. And I get to transfer yet another Unfinished Project to my Finished list. Yay!

What about you? Anything lingering endlessly on your to-do list that you could maybe knock out in a couple of days?

33 comments:

Marilyn said...

well done!! it's my favourite yarn and I use it a lot. It was well worth the effort. fabulous!
M

Pink Flower said...

Fab project, I love the bordering around the squares. I too get very sidetacked with projects.

Heather said...

Beautiful! Both sides are equally pretty. :-)

Madeleine said...

Looks fantastic! I'm planning on starting a round pillow myself! :D

by Teresa said...

Hi Erica, I love both sides but I guess the more colorful one is my fave. I have my never-ending granny stripe to finish then I really REALLY want to do a pillow. I have some square pillow forms and 3 fluffy rounds ones I got off eBay. Congrats on getting a WIP done! YAY!!

Shanti said...

L-O-V-E-L-Y ! ! ! ! !

melbatoast68 said...

So pretty! You and your hubby sound like me and Car Guy. He'd love the blues/sea color side and I LOVE all the pretty colors. I'll get to a pillow eventually. I think the new quilt desperately needs some pretty pillows.

Quiltnbee said...

Beautiful! I love the floral side...and the sea side...both! Don't you just love the feeling of a new finish!?? =-)

andamento said...

It's very nice. If pushed, I'd say I like the blues best but it would be a hard decision.

Hillery said...

Just beautiful. I am doing the same cushion cover. I have finished the front, just not sure what I am doing to the back. You can see photos if you'd like on my blog, some posts back. Love visiting your blog.

Amanda said...

I love the colors and the pillow itself! I'm working on a knitted scarf for my husband that keeps getting pushed back and I'm sure if I had a week or so to dedicate to it, it would be finished - but I keep getting distracted by "must make" and/or fun projects!

Maria said...

I too have decided to control my projects this year. Only one knit and one crochet project at a time :-)
I love the cool blue side at the moment - lovely

glor said...

Beautiful pillow ... both sides! My to do list ... I'm not going there, would take too long.

MamaLezlie said...

The pillow looks great! Way to persevere! I know just what you mean. I recently got stuck on a project, because I wasn't sure just how to do it. It was only about a 30 minute endeavor and I wouldn't buckle down and get it over with. I finally told myself, No more crochet projects until this is finished. That did the trick! I made myself sit down and finish. What a relief!!!

lemondedesucrette said...

Beautiful! I prefer too the floral side :)
It makes you so happy to finish something you started and stopped while ago eh?
Have a wonderful day!
Angie

Marita said...

looks great!
~marita~

delia hornbook said...

ohhh Well done you ;-)) I love it and the coloured side has to be my favourite i love the ivory in it to it frames the other colours so nicely. Dee x

Suz said...

Love both sides...gorgeous cushion
Hugs x

Kelly said...

Love, love love both sides! I would have never thought of doing that. You can turn it over when you are in the mood for something else! You did a beautiful job! ♥

Sus said...

I love the split personality!! You can change the "vibe" of your sofa by simply flipping a cushion! Lurve!

Victoria said...

Oooohhhhh, very nice. I really love squares put together with a white edging. I like the blue side best.

CrochetBlogger said...

The end result looks like it was worth the wait! Very pretty.

Denise said...

I love both sides.

Clara said...

This has turned out to be very stunning. I really like the blue side but I like both. This way you get two looks!

Nimblefingerssteadyeyebrows said...

Oh, how lovely! I'm at the very beginning of a granny square blanket, but I'm loving every moment so far! Laura x

Gaby B. said...

thats funny! Just yesterday I was looking at my ravelry page and also got tired of looking at the same UFO's and so I began frogging and hibernating and started thinking in which ones I could/would like to actually do.

pinkfluffywarrior said...

Well done for sorting out your UFOs!Your cushion is very pretty. I like both sides.
xxx

*✿*millie meadowsweet*✿* said...

many congratulations! it's b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l ♥

Julia said...

Absolutely love it!! Well done - colours are fabulous too!

Julia x x x

Brenda said...

Oh I love this! The blue side is my favorite. I have more than I care to admit of unfinished projects and most would take more than a couple of days to finish. Lynn from Rocky Creek Scottie Adventures sent me over for a visit. I am a Scottie owner also. Going to hang around your blog for a while and get to know you!

The Rocky Creek Scotties said...

Thank you for "stalking" me and finally "coming out" to tell me about it - LOL!! I love your blog and I'm sure I'll be back to visit quite often. One day, I'll drop those knitting needles and learn to crochet.

Lynn

T's Daily Treasures said...

Gorgeous! And I love that its reversible. I lost count of how many projects I have that are unfinished. We can count back the years, even to cross-stitchings that only need backstitching -- I'm thinking the 1980's is when I last saw one of them. :/ Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

The Garden Bell said...

Fun, Fun, Fun....you know what you are right. The Rav patterns are all looking old, tired and the same for me too lately. What do we need to do about this?

Post a Comment