rss feedResize Text

Monday, February 21, 2011

Irish Crochet

Published by Erica at 8:25 AM

Once again, I have allowed many days to elaspe since my last blog posting. Thank you to anyone still coming around to see me, such an unreliable reporter. :-) And thanks always for the comments. I receive them via email, and often respond, but am never sure if anyone gets my reply... so may start responding in the comments, themselves.

Now then. I have been crocheting like mad, all the time, turning out a number of smaller, instant-gratification-type projects, but also putting dents in larger ones. I even took some pictures this weekend, since the weather was beautiful and the light was perfect for photography... and I left the photo card at home.

Still, I have something to share today. On Ravelry, there was a thread about "Gorgeous Crochet," and this little number turned up for consideration...


Wow. I mean, WOW. That entire creation is crocheted. The technique is called Irish Crochet, and after looking on YouTube to see how it's done, I'm verrry interested in giving this a try someday. And also have a body that would look good in such a dress, but I digress. One step at a time.

Link to the Ravelry page of this amazing designer / crocheter. She has other things upon which to feast your eyes.

Link to some YouTube videos on the Irish Crochet technique. Obviously, largely a freeform method, which looks like it requires some courageous thinking.

Ravelry link to Irish Crochet pattern library.

Generally accessible link to Irish Crochet patterns.

15 comments:

Jacey said...

Wow !! That dress is beautiful,I couldn't ever imagine being able to make something like this.
Looking forward to hearing how you get on trying Irish crochet. xx

melbatoast68 said...

Holy Cow! That is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!!! You're right, the body doesn't hurt either. I'm going to have to go check this out.

Tickety-boo said...

OMG WOW!!!! so beautiful. Drool drool. i don't think my humble skills would ever be that good (or my body to wear it) but thank you for sharing. xxxx

KooKooCraft said...

i'm speachless. WOW.

CrochetBlogger said...

Really gorgeous dress! Irish crochet is one of those things on the long list of things I'm planning to try one of these days ... along with tunisian, filet, broomstick lace ...

Alhana said...

Is that crochet? Looks like lace! Gorgeous! I want to give it a try too. Hopefully some day. Thanks for the links!

The Gingerbread Lady said...

Crikey!! I saw this on Ravelry too and was soooo impressed. Gorgeous workwomanship, beautiful colour.

Terrie said...

Oooo stunning! x

by Teresa said...

Hi Erica, wow, I missed your posts! Your blog has a *WHOLE NEW* look, good for you!

Glad you're back... hugs from Teresa in Oregon

Hookin It With Mr. Lick Lick said...

That is beautiful. I wish I was that talented, and I so wish I had that body. lol. That's a whole lot of work.

The Garden Bell said...

WOW...let us all know how this goes. What an interesting challenge. Off to check out the video. You always have the funniest stuff over here. Thanks for sharing.

Clara said...

Talk about talent....that is amazing work. Love the new look here and good to see you're
still at it".

Trish said...

Wow, amazing, thank you so much for posting this, it's really inspiring!

The Gingerbread Lady said...

By the way, fly-by linkie for you - love Mitchell & Webb, am a BIG fan! Here's another series I've just discovered (but I have to interpret it for my husband, who understands about 20% of it, haha!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFRoYhTJQQ

Emma Kate said...

That dress is gorgeous x

Post a Comment